SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 9, 2020

How to make your lockdown experience positive

For those of us in England, last Thursday marked the first day of our second lockdown. The pandemic is proving to be one of the most challenging times for many individuals. In some ways the second lockdown seems to be hitting people harder, which is why I though it would be beneficial to share how we can make our time in lockdown worthwhile.

The summary of a lockdown, the time in which you can only leave the house for essential work and items, makes us feel like our life has been taken away. We don't have the freedom to do whatever we desire. However, if we change our mindset and attitude towards the situation, perhaps in years to comes we will actually be grateful for this period in our lives. 

By no means am I saying that the pandemic is easy, it is having huge impacts on so many people in a variety of different ways. But I believe it is important to accept what is happening and think of the best ways you can approach it. Better to face this situation and work with it, then do nothing and keep feeling negative. 

So what can you do in this time? I believe this period is the perfect chance for Self-Development.  

Think about it, being in a lockdown means you have less time to distract yourself. For so long I would go out, see one friend and then another, distracting myself from things I needed to work on. I'm not saying being social is bad but we can use opportunities of social interaction to distract us from the inner work we need to do. 

Take the time you have at home to think about yourself , what you need and what you want. This can be a pretty hard place to start, which is why I have created a list of questions to ask yourself. So go grab a pen and paper and get started! 

How do I feel right now?

Why do I feel like this?

Where do I want to be in a year from now?

How can I get to where I want to be?

What is one thing I can do every week of this lockdown to get to where I want to be?

The key is to give yourself the chance to really think about where you are right now and where you want to go. It can feel very overwhelming at first but taking the time for yourself , one question at a time, will ensure you gain clarity. 

Please let me know you thoughts on this week's subject. If you do take the time to answer these questions please let me know how it goes. You can leave a comment below or message me on social media. My goal is to help as many people as possible.

Until next week, 

Mx


17 comments :

  1. This is a wonderfully positive way of looking at things. I can imagine that it's really challenging going through a second lockdown. I'm sure it's going to happen in America again too. I'm lucky to be an introverted homebody and thrive when I'm alone at home - but I know that's not the case for so many. I appreciate your insight here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Stephanie! This second lockdown is hard for many but we will get through it. Sending you love from the UK xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a positive outlook. Here in the States lockdown is different from area to area, but I am so ready to be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sadie, Thank you for leaving a comment, I can imagine it's just as difficult in the States. Sending you love from the UK.

      Delete
  3. Hi Meg. How refreshing to read a post from somebody with a positive outlook on the current situation. Thank you. I'm sure that if sufficient numbers of us stick to the guidelines (there will always be numpties that refuse to) we'll be clear of this wretched virus, especially with the recent talk of a vaccine, in 2021. How nice would it be to have actually achieved something while we are in lockdown? Do that bit of decorating you've been putting off. A little more exercise and lose some weight. Catch-up with friends. Improve your blog. Etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richie, thank you for leaving a comment. I'm so glad you enjoyed seeing a positive outlook. You can expect more positive content coming soon :)

      Delete
  4. I love the positivity in this post. I am trying to spend this second Lockdown on my personal development, so these questions are a great place to start! I've created a guideline of things I want to achieve, but I think I'll look back on them and improve them using these questions. Thank you for sharing. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck with your personal development! I'm so happy that this blog post can help you xx

      Delete
  5. A very timely post. Thank you for sharing! It is strange how this winter lockdown just seems worse and more depressing than the first one. However, it is super important to remain positive. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy this post has helped you! Sending you love and support xx

      Delete
  6. Thankyou for sharing, I’m determined to make this lockdown positive despite it being in the winter, which let’s face it, makes everyone miserable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie, I'm so happy you're determined to make it positive! It can be difficult but if we work on our mindset we can get there xx

      Delete
  7. This is a very helpful post. Using this time to work out your direction and more about yourself. Thank you for sharing.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you found this helpful Lauren! x

      Delete
  8. This is a very refreshing post to read! I think I’m the lockdown it’s important to take one day at a time and not put pressure on yourself xx

    Www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post. These are good questions to ask oneself. Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete