SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 21, 2019

A Sunday in Autumn


I love Sundays. It's that day of the week where we can reflex on what's just gone by and plan for the week ahead. I even felt this way when I had to spend my weekend in work. There is just some feeling you get with a Sunday, you have time to make improvements for the future.



Now I no longer work weekends I really try to make the best of it. I don't want to use it as a day to lie around and do nothing, which can so easily be done. Instead I'm trying to use it as a day to spend time with my loved one's or get creative- such as writing. The things that you want to do but sometimes don't, due to other commitments.

Last Sunday I headed for a beautiful autumnal walk in my boyfriends hometown. It was amazing to leave the smokey city for the quiet countryside. Having this tranquil time allowed my mind to relax and really enjoy the moment. It gave me and my partner time and talk about our week and goals without interference. It's left me feeling happy with my progress, I am loving my job, exercising more and using my free time to develop extra skills- like this blog. Sometimes its not until I take a step back I realise where I am and where I want to go.



After the walk we headed to the local market, which was full of delicious foods and unique gifts. I bought a cake as a little Sunday treat to have later at home with a nice coffee. Everyone deserves a little treat once in a while. Simple things like this make me feel so blessed.  I also love giving back to the local community and businesses. In today's western world it can feel overrun with the 'top' brands and the local feel seems to diminish. That's why this Christmas I am going to try buy my gifts from small businesses at Christmas markets.

I guess I am writing this blog post because 1) I want share with other people the importance of 'me' time and also 2) to remind myself, when things get stressed to take a step back in nature. Life can feel overwhelming at times, but going into a natural setting, away from all the commercial stresses, can help put your feet back onto the ground.

How do you spend your days off? Are you a fan of walks like me? Leave me a comment because I'd love to know.

M x


Post a Comment