SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Survival kit: Winter skin

It may only be mid-November but it feels like winter has already approached here in Liverpool. Although I love passing the multicoloured leaves falling from the trees, the harsh weather that comes alongside it isn't my favourite.

Being naturally pale the cold air has already troubled my sensitive skin. It has felt drier and slowly started to appear more flaky. So, for the past few weeks, I've been changing my skincare routine to try prevent the dryness and keep it looking healthy and dewy. My adaptions now seem to be working so I thought I'd share what I've been doing for my dry skin friends.



Switching to a milk cleanser
The main goal for dry skin is to add moisture. Milk cleansers have a thicker texture, which gives a perfect dose of hydration. Depending on the brand, milk cleansers contain ingredients that benefit sensitive skin (something that happens when the skin gets dry). Currently I'm using the Loréal Paris Fine Flowers Milk, which contains rose and jasmine.

Rose tends to be a prominent element in milk cleansers, probably because it is soothing against the skin. Just what it needs after being hit by the cold harsh air. Jasmine is also a great addition because it is known for being moisturising. An added bonus of these two ingredients is they smell amazing. If you aren't a fan of thick textures and heavy scents, the Garnier Natural Rose Cleansing Milk is a nice alternative. It's a little lighter but still is an amazing treat to your skin. 



Add in a serum                                                                                                                              Applying a serum after cleansing and toning is a great way to add more moisture to your skin, especially one's that contain hyaluronic acid. This acid is famous for it's hydrating skills. I have used the Nip n Fab Dragon's Blood Fix Serum, which worked well but I am currently hunting for a cheaper alternative.

Include a night cream
I don't know if it's just me but I tend to ignore the title of 'day' and 'night' cream and just use one. However, I have noticed that night creams are more thicker than a regular day cream. Using a heavier product before bed is perfect because your skin has time to let it all sink in. You'll wake up with baby soft skin! 

Use a BB cream 
As the month turned colder I noticed how my foundation felt and looked heavy. Determined to change this asap I decided to search for an alternative and stumbled across BB creams. These add a light coverage as well as supplying the skin with lots of benefits, including hydration. 

I've been using the Natural by Nature BB Cream and have noticed how dewy it makes my skin look. I also love that this brand uses natural products, which means I know what I am putting on my skin. Also, by using a lighter product I'm learning to love the skin I have, wearing my little freckles out with pride.

I know it can be hard to adjust from using foundation, so if you don't want to do that just yet, I recommend searching for base products that are lighter and are moisturising. Liquid foundations tend to be the best here.



Scrub those lips
It's not just our faces that get punished by the cold, our lips get chapped too. It's important not to just layer on lots of lip balm, we need to get rid of the dead skin first. Many companies sell lip scrubs, which is a soft way to rub off all the old skin cells. You could even use your old toothbrush and save a little money. It does the same job and is very quick. 


Have you got any tips for winter skin? I'd love to know. 

Until next time, 
M x






Post a Comment