SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, June 8, 2020

How to get into a morning routine


I think the best way to get yourself into the best morning routine is visualising the person you want to be and think about what they would be doing every morning. Now, I'm picturing that this visualisation is of someone achieving great things. No matter what those achievements may be, I think success come from a similar approach when it comes to starting the day. I've made a list of this approach to help get you on the road to success. It is the morning routine I have developed over the past couple of months and I have already noticed the positive changes it is having. 




 Wake up early enough 

I don't think there is a set time to get up in a morning but I think it is important to get up early enough to ensure you do something with the time early in the day. If you tick off one task in the morning such as cleaning, I think it sets you up to be successful throughout the rest of the day. Additionally I think it is easier to get things done in the morning because of the lighter weather. 

I know some of you will consider yourself a night owl. I'm no expert but I do believe you can alter this with a little effort as I have managed to do it. After years of later mornings and nights I now go to bed by 11pm and get up at 8am feeling ready for the day.  Any earlier and I do struggle but to me 8 is early enough to get the day going well. 

 Exercise 

Whether it be a morning jog, yoga session or quick HITT, working out is a great way to start the day. Moving your body will help wake you up and gear you up for a productive day. At first this might be a challenge but if you stick with it for a couple of weeks, it soon becomes a routine and you'll never want to miss it. The best thing about exercise is that there are many different approaches so you are sure to find something that suits you. 

Take pride in your appearance

You don't have to spend hours in the bathroom dolled up in makeup but I think it is important to work on the way you look. Have a shower, pick out some clothes you feel good in (no sleepwear) and style your hair. By spending time on your appearance you'll feel more put together and it will give purpose to the day. If you stay in your pj's all day it's hard to stay motivated because the time of rest blends with the day. 

Eat a healthy breakfast

It's so important to fuel your body, especially in the morning when starting the day. You want to make sure you pick healthy options to keep you full and provide you with enough energy. This could be eggs on wholemeal toast with a side of tomatoes or a bowl of porridge with fruit and nuts. There's so many breakfast choices out there, which don't take long to cook. Of course if you aren't hungry in a morning or you like to fast, you can skip this step. It's all about learning what is right for you but don't give in straight away, see how you feel over a couple of weeks. It will give your body enough time to adapt.


Plan your day 

Once you're up, dressed and fed, grab a notebook and a pen to plan your day. There is no need to overcomplicate it, you can simply have a few bullet points of what you want to achieve in the day. By doing this it helps get you into a mind frame where you'll want to accomplish things. All your thoughts are on paper and you can work through what you need to do. 


I hope this article helps any of you who are wanting to make your mornings more productive. If you have any thoughts please leave a comment below or send me a message.

Until next time, 
Mx



Post a Comment