SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Glossier Review: Perfecting Skin Tint and Stretch Concealer



Usually I am the type of girl to watch videos reviews of different make-up and think 'oh I'd like to try that' to then forget about it 30 minutes later, getting distracted by something else. But not with Glossier.

As soon as I watched a tutorial of someone using a full-face of the brand I was hooked. I just loved their vibe- your skin but better. The natural look. It something I've always geared towards but struggled to find in foundations or concealers on the UK high-street. (I also loved that the brand is cruelty-free).

I had to wait a while for them to stock my predicted shade (G11) and I was over the moon a couple of weeks ago when I saw it was in stock. Delivery was faster than expected, the website gives 7-10 days and it took exactly 7. As soon as the post box arrived I had to try the products, even if it was one in the afternoon. 

Coverage
I was a little nervous about the Perfecting Skin Tint, as some people say it gives no coverage but I love it. It glides onto my naturally dry skin like a dream, lightly evening out my skin tone and giving me most beautiful glow. I luckily have naturally quite clear skin (most of the time), with slight redness around my nose. Therefore, my biggest goal with skin products is evening the tone to make me look more fresh and that's exactly what the Glossier Skin Tint does. I love that it lets my summer freckles shine through. 

Although the Skin Tint doesn't cover stubborn red patches or spots, I found the Stretch Concealer did the trick, despite feeling so light weight and hydrating. If you had a beastly spot, I do think you'd require a product with a bit more of a kick. I find both these products work well alongside my other makeup, so adding a dot of your full coverage concealer shouldn't cause any issue to your look. 


Shade 
As Glossier is a US company, I had to order the products online, which meant  having a guess of my shade. Thankfully they have a clear guide to each shade, with 3 models per tone. As someone with skin nearly as white as snow, I struggle to find shades that match me. I either end up looking orange or ill. Thankfully, Glossier has such a wide shade range and I was able to pick from three fair shades.  

I went with G11, the second lightest shade because of it's neutral undertones. At first I was worried that it would be too dark but it blends seamlessly into my skin. Even if you made the wrong shade choice, I think because the products are so light, you could get away with it. I'd just make sure you select the right undertone. 

Finish
What's great about both of these products is because of their lightweight consistency, you don't have to worry about harsh lines and blending, making it the perfect combo for those days you're in a rush! I set my skin with the Too Faced Born This Way Setting Power and find the products last all day.  I hope this doesn't sound too big headed but - I've never seen my skin looking so good in pictures! 

As the products are quite liquidy, I'll be interested to see how long it will last me until I'm making another order.  I feel like I'm using more that I would with a usual bottle of foundation as the products are watery. With that being said,  I am so happy I've found products that can provide a light coverage and bring life to my skin. Both are a perfect match for my dry, pale and sensitive skin. No dry patches are highlighted and no part of my skin looks  dull. I feel like I have the healthy glow. 




I'll keep you posted on my journey over on my Twitter and Instagram, both @megija_journey. Make sure you keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming review of Glossier Cloud Paint! If you have any questions please send me a message or DM. 



1 comment :