SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, September 28, 2020

22 things I learnt at Twenty-Two

September is not only the time when we transition to Autumn but it's also my birthday. Having my special day fit perfectly alongside the seasonal change allows me to reflect on everything I have experienced, ready to make way for a better future. I thought I'd share with you the lessons I learnt this past year in the hope it can help you in some way.

Self-Development 


1) Daily gratitude is vital

I found writing five things I am grateful for every morning helps me have a more positive and productive day.

2) You are influenced by the people you surround yourself with

I've really become aware of how easy it can be to pick up on someone's energy. If someone talks negatively it soon has an impact on my positive attitude and vis versa. 

3) Spending time in nature is so important

One way I kept active through lockdown was walking an hour everyday in the countryside, which really made me appreciate nature. Walking through fields, beside trees and being surrounded by blooming flowers helped me disconnect from my stresses and live in the present moment.  

4) I'd rather catch an early night 

I've realised how important sleep is when it comes to achieving goals. Waking up earlier allows me to hit more targets during the day, which I love.

5) The universe has your back, so let go and surrender 

In true Virgo style I can struggle to relax in the aim to get things done perfectly. But I've learnt through challenges this year that it's important to let go. The situation will work out how it is suppose too and always for the highest good. 


Career


6) You CAN find a job you love

I've been surrounded by people who always refer to jobs as something they dislike and just do to pay the bills. However, the internship I completed this year made me realise it is possible to do something you love and earn an income. So now, on my dream career journey, I won't settle for anything else.

7) You can make social media a positive space

A couple of months ago I did a social media clear out. I deleted accounts and followings I felt didn't represent me and didn't bring me joy.  Then, after a little break, I set up a new Instagram to focus on my self-development. This has been really beneficial and I now use the platform to engage with like-minded individuals who inspire me. 

8) Your network is your net worth

This year I challenged myself to reach out to more people personally and professionally. This has really helped me open doors and achieve more than I thought possible.

9) Look for opportunities to help you grow

I've realised it is important to look for opportunities to help you reach your goal rather than becoming obsessed with finding the dream straight away. It is when you start to do something that your life begins to change.  

10) Now is the time to try everything 

This has been the first year out of the education system for me. The first time of truly having to think for myself and what I really want from life. It made me realise how restricted and closed off I have been to all the opportunities out there. Therefore, now is the time to do the things that intrigue me so I can find out exactly what I want to achieve and do with my life.



Health & Wellbeing


11) Self-care is a must not a luxury 

I can very easily work and work but I struggle to take a step back and breath. The pandemic this year really made me think about my self-care. Over the past few months I have taken most Sunday's as a day of rest, doing simple things that make me feel relaxed. Since implementing this I've noticed how much having time off improves my overall performance.   

12) Fear is the killer

I've taken the time to realise what holds me back and it all comes down to fear. Being aware of this ensures I do not let fear stop me anymore.

13) Reading is amazing

I always loved reading as a child but as I got older I found myself enjoying fiction novels less. This year I found self-development books, which has returned my love of reading. It's the perfect way to have time away from the screen and gain some incredible insights.

14) Morning routines are the foundation 

Hearing and reading about the importance of morning routines made me want to try implement my own. This year I have experimented with activities to kick start my day and I have now found the things that work for me.  Doing gratitude, journaling and exercise raises my vibration and makes me feel ready to make my day a success.


Money


15) Invest in yourself

This year I have used my money to invest in books and courses to develop myself and my career. I have really seen the positive impact they have had, which has helped me realise the importance of investing in yourself.

16) It's easy to waste money 

Tracking my spending helped me realise where money can easily disappear, for me this is food. An easy sociable event or quick work lunch soon stacks up. Having this awareness will make me more wise with my spending at 23.

17)  I'm actually a good saver 

Kind of a strange point to follow but overall I have realised I am good with saving money when I put my mind to it.  This has made me want to think about things I want to have in the future so I can use the money I have saved and will save effectively.

18) Money will come back 

I have sometimes been a little tight with spending money for the fear it won't come back. However, I realised it's important to let go and have fun sometimes. In doing so it helped me see that money always comes back in different ways.



Relationships 


19) I have the best friends ever

Leaving university is kind of like leaving high school, it really shows you who your true friends are. I am lucky enough to still have great people in my life who really care about me. 

20) Make memories to cherish 

One of the things that brings me the biggest joy is spending time with the people I love. I want to make more memories as the years go on because that's what really matters to me.

21) Family is precious 

I feel like I have grown closer to family this year. I realise how important family is to supporting you and making life positive.

Finally...

22) Age is just a number 

In some ways I was better off at the start of 22 than I was at the end, according to society's ideals. It really showed me not to put an age limit on things and compare my progress to others. I just need to focus on what I want to achieve because I'll never patch up to someone else's ideal and be happy.


Did any of these resonate with you? I'd love to know your thoughts and any lessons you have learnt this year.

Until next time,

M x

Post a Comment