SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 5, 2020

5 ways to start practising self-care

I don't know if it's just me but as the leaves turn into beautiful autumnal shades and the nights draw in quicker, I want to focus more on the little things for me. I know self-care isn't easy as it's sometimes viewed as selfish in our world. However, it's actually a vital practice if you want to be the best version of you. 

Self-care is something you do for yourself in aim to improve your health. It can include little daily things or bigger activities.  What you do for self-care is dependent on what works to calm your mind and help you re-centre. 

If you read my blog reflecting on being 22, I learnt the importance of taking time to care for yourself. With this in mind, I thought it would be good to share the self-care activities I implement to help anyone who can some times find it difficult. 

1) Have a pamper session 


Sometimes it's nice to do all the pampering things you'd love to do regularly but never seem to get around to doing. This can include painting your nails, doing a face mask or treating your hair to some deep conditioner. It's relaxing to do and is a great way to boost your self-esteem. 

2) Spend time in nature


Heading outside for a walk, especially in a quiet spot is a great way to de-stress. For me, spending time in the fresh air allows my mind to quieten and regain focus. You can head out with your loved one's or listen to your favourite podcast.

3) Cook a meal or bake a tasty snack


Cooking or baking is a great way to disconnect from technology and put your energy into something fun and productive. We might eat everyday but cooking and baking is not always on the menu in this modern world. This is what makes the activity enjoyable, especially in autumn time when you can make yummy warm dishes.



4) Take a bath


Having a bath could be classed as a  'pamper' but to me it feels a little different. Spending time in water really helps you relax and unwind. You could light a few candles and listen to your favourite music in the background to add to the calming atmosphere.

5) Journal 


It's easy to underestimate how helpful it can be to write down everything that's on your mind. Taking 5-10 minutes to sit down and write can help reduce anxious thoughts and worry. You might even uncover some amazing ideas for any projects you've been focusing on.


So there you have it. These are my 5 favourite ways to take some well deserved me time. Have you got any other suggestions? Please leave them in a comment below.

Until next time,
Mx

1 comment :

  1. These are some great suggestions. I love getting outside and taking my dog for a walk.

    ReplyDelete