SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 26, 2020

Why I created this blog

Words are powerful and have the ability to transform someone's mood in an instant. In a world that can sometimes feel like a floating ball of negativity, I want to bring lightness into other people's lives. Whether it be to gain confidence or a better mindset, I want to use my experiences and words to help others. This is why I created 'A Meg Journey'. 

Something happened last week that got me thinking about why I choose to blog. I rarely browse on social media anymore but on this one particular night I was scrolling on Facebook and saw a post that instantly struck me. It was a post about not understanding why young people are unemployed when they (the person posting) have had a job since being a teenager. I immediately thought about how it could impact someone looking for a job now. I was that person not long ago. It wasn't because I was lazy or didn't want a job, it just took a while to get back on the ladder. It was a challenge and I had to work on my mindset to reach my goal.

I felt the urge to comment and offer my empathy to those job hunting in a pandemic. It can be so hard to stay motivated and seeing a post like that can make you feel worse. This didn't go down too well with the person posting, who went on to share how easy it was for them to get a job. It made me realise how important empathy and understanding is. Instead of using her talent of achieving jobs to inspire, she used it to judge and create a negative energy. This realisation helped remind me how much words and posts create an impact. In turn this also reminded me of how much I want to continue creating positive content to help others. 

I can't wait to learn more through the upcoming years and share my journey on this blog. I hope what I write can help someone out there.

Until next time,

Mx

Post a Comment